Coram are launching their own branded event for the first time, Challenge 1739.This October you can get involved, get fit and have fun in support of children across the UK. Jazmin Peach, Challenge Events and Community Partnerships Manager at Coram, tells us more...
The Covid-19 pandemic has been catastrophic for the children and young people supported by Coram. Not only are the vulnerable disproportionately affected, the lockdown meant that all our fundraising events this year have been cancelled. This has had a dramatic effect on our income, and our ability to help the children and young people who rely on our services.
By taking on Challenge 1739, you’ll help a generation of children who need us now more than ever.
This is a fundraising event that you can really make your own. Having been founded in 1739, we’re asking you to take inspiration from this special date to create your own challenge at home or outside, on your own or with family and friends – following government guidelines and social distancing of course. We are asking you to take something personal to Coram, and make it personal to you! You will have the whole month of October to complete your chosen challenge – you could cycle 1,739 KM/M, run/walk 1,739 steps/metres a day, or challenge yourself to raise £1,739 – the possibilities are endless, just get creative, have fun and perhaps even get fit doing it.
There are just five simple steps to take:
1. Once you have dreamt up your Challenge, please sign up here – For help with challenge ideas head here
2. Then head to JustGiving - to set up a fundraising page or make a single donation – there is no sign up fee, no fundraising target, just raise as much as you can!
3. Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and encourage them to take on Challenge1739 with you
4. Complete your challenge throughout the month of October– keeping in line with Government guidelines and social distancing rules of course
5. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #Challenge1739, tagging in Coram as well
We really hope you’ll join us in support of our lovely charity! We have provided lots of tools for participants to use, this and further information can be found on the website, but of course should you have any questions please email or contact Jazmin Peach (Challenge Events and Community Partnerships Manager) on 020 7749 7976.