This week we're delighted to share this recipe from Club Peloton member Sinéad Conneely, Simple Works. Sinéad's chewy oat bars are the perfect snack for keeping the energy levels high while out riding!
2 Tbsp. chia seeds + 6 Tbsp. water
200g rolled oats
50g coconut flakes
100g whatever nuts you have in the cupboard (I used walnuts) roughly chopped
60g dried banana, roughly chopped
80g dried mango, roughly chopped
60ml coconut oil
1tsp. vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean scraped)
2 bananas (preferably very ripe)
1. In a small bowl mix the chia seeds and water and set aside
2. Spread the oats, coconut and chopped nuts ona baking sheet and place in a 150C oven. Stir every 5 minutes or so until lightly toasted (about 15 mins) and remove from oven.
3. While oat mixture is toasting, make the liquid mixture. Combine coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan and mix over a low heat until combined.
4. In a food processor blend the bananas with the warm honey mixture and once smooth add the chia gel slowly to combine.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the toasted dry mixture with the dried fruit and a pinch of sea salt. Pour in the liquid and stir to combine.
6. Turn up the oven to 175C. Spread a large piece of greaseproof paper in a 20cmx20cm or similarly sized tin (if you don't have greaseproof paper just oil the tin with coconut oil or sunflower oil). Pour the mixture into the tin and push down firmly with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden on top.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes then remove from the tin and cut into portions. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.